• In the Spotlight:

Teething at 4 Months

Zoey is teething at 4 month she is almost 5 months what ca i do for her i give her orijel and pain reliver she will not chew on teething rings what els can i do for here help!!!!

1Lilly

Asked by 1Lilly at 7:25 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Baby Ibuprophen was the only thing that worked for my kids...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:26 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• try getting the end of a clean wash cloth wet stick it in the freezer for a bit, see if she'll chew on that. Mines 2 1/2 months and been teething since 9 weeks. She's too little to hold a teething ring where it's suppose to be but she seems to like the wash cloth.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 7:34 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Try Teething Tablets. They are at Wal Mart and Wal Greens. Good Luck!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 7:55 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• all of the above. I give my son hylands teething tabs and sometimes tylenol if he's really fussy. Most of the pacifiers I use fill with water so I put them in the freezer and let him suck on them it's easier than the teething rings when their this young.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 8:16 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I would also suggest getting a new sponge w/o scrubby side, cut it up, wet it and freeze it and then let her chew on it. It will also catch extra drool as it dries.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:04 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• My son doesn't like teething rings either and the orajel just made him cry and drool even more. We bought a homeopathetic teething drop that is actually made by orajel but its called gentle naturals. It seemed to work for our child. Also we bought a gum massager and he loves it and it seems to work when his gums are bothering him. You can find it at a babies r us type store with the tooth brushes. It actually came with that, a finger brush and a tooth brush. I was also given the advise of taking a wash cloth in cold water and ring it out and let them chew on it or take one of the Gerber soft spoons and put it in the fridge and then let them chew on that. I haven't tried either of those yet
    ctsassy

Answer by ctsassy at 11:14 PM on Jan. 3, 2009