What do flea eggs look like?

We have two cats and a dog. They have fleas. We have been putting drops on them but I seriously think these dang things are immune. They will not go away and are getting worse. Every morning it looks like salt has been poured on my kitchen table. I think they are flea eggs. The cats get up there at night. I wipe it up and the lysol wipe looks has brown on it. I am assuming blood. What can I do to get rid of these freaking things?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 AM on Oct. 4, 2011 in Pets

•  

I used Google and this picture came up, hope this helps. good luck.

L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 7:17 AM on Oct. 4, 2011

• Call an exterminator for the house and treat the animals at the vet. What you are seeing is flea dirt:
    "Flea dirt" is dried blood left behind by feeding fleas. It is a sure sign of a flea infestation on your pet.
    Good luck!!!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:17 AM on Oct. 4, 2011

• Oh they aren't that big that was an enlarged image lol
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 7:18 AM on Oct. 4, 2011

• Be sure to treat your house & yard at the same time as treating your pets.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 7:27 AM on Oct. 4, 2011

• What have you been putting on them?
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:50 AM on Oct. 4, 2011

• I think frontline? It is from our vet.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:54 AM on Oct. 4, 2011

• My mom had a really bad flea out break from stray cats running through her yard, and her vet gave her pills to her two dogs and now she has no fleas all that topical stuff just didn't work for her
    kattea21911

Answer by kattea21911 at 11:17 AM on Oct. 4, 2011

• I had a problem with Frontline this year. I have never thought it did the greatest job on fleas but this year when I used it I was still seeing fleas so I used a differant product from the vet and it took care of the fleas.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 2:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2011

• When we lived in Savannah, we had 4 cats. All were inside cats only, but we ended up with a huge flea problem. Strays were hanging out in our yard, and the fleas came in with the kids. I took the cats to the vet and got a pill that kills all fleas in like 30 min. A spray for carpet and upholstery, and the drops for them. Then I bathed them with flea soap. Just don't use the drops the same day as a bath. You have to be careful, they get worms from swallowing the fleas. They aren't going away for you because the eggs are hatching. You can use the foggers for fleas, but then you have to wash EVERYTHING. I had a flea problem in Hawaii, too. Those cats had them so bad NOTHING worked. They had worms, and after 3 treatments and getting yelled at from the vet, I took them to the humane society. The foggers worked. The damned woman I got the cats from said they didn't have fleas, gross. They DID.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:41 PM on Oct. 4, 2011

• The pill is called Capstar. Kills fleas within 30 minutes. But it only kills adult fleas so you need to later treat with Frontline (which should kill and keep them away) or flea bath (which will kill them but won't likely keep them off) or something like that. You will have to treat your house and yard, and wash all beds and such. They have sprays for that, for the yard, and powders and such for inside. You may even have to use a fogger inside the house and clear everyone out for the day. Fleas are a pain in the butt to get rid of and keep away, I hope you can get rid of them! And yes flea eggs are white specks and the browish red would be "flea dirt" or flea poop from digesting blood. Good luck!
    stargazerwolf

Answer by stargazerwolf at 5:22 PM on Oct. 9, 2011