Does anyone else get mad?

My SO just left to go out with his friends and im umpset not really at the point that he is going out with his friends but more at the point that i have no friends and no one to go hang out with. Because im 23 and all the girls who are my age are all into going to the bars and drinking and im not i have a 2 year old daughter and not into that anymore. so am i wrong for being upset because he has friends and i don't and all i do is stay at home with my dd. i

zimmtobe

Asked by zimmtobe at 7:26 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• U have a right to feel upset,just not at him.It is hard when you grow up and feel your place is at home(and I am in the same boat) but mom...u have a right to go out and make a life for yourself. You are still a good mom! try a book club or a craft class, someplace u canmeet other moms maybe like a library group for moms and toddlers.Once you get some things besides dd in your life-u will not be so upset if he goes out.Itis improtant for each of you to have a life outside each other and the kids BUT if that is all he does and he never spends free time w/u, that is a whole other topic.Google fun theings to do w/kids, in your hometown and state-see what happens!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:30 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Men hate clingy women. Find some friends through a Moms Club or get a hobby. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• I'm so past that point in my life...but who is to blame for YOU not having friends? Your SO? Sorry, but it looks like you need to reevaluate your life and realize you have noone to place the blame on but you. If you are past the bar thing, then find friends who don't go to the bars, find friends who share your interests.
    Anonymous

• I'm feeling you girl! I know what you mean!
    Anonymous

• It is normal to feel lonely. Now is the time to join play groups, classes at the Y for Mommie and Me, and other places where you will meet people and make friends. Volunteer groups, church groups, and so forth.

Answer by Bmat at 7:33 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I am the same way as you, but my husabnd doesnt go to the bar and leave us home at night. But on weekends and when he isnt working he goes hunting, fishing, to shoot his bow, and to do different things with his friends. I have just gotten used to it. All my friends, even the ones with kids would rather be at the bar or out somewhere w/o their ids and I never leave mine. They all tell me to get a life!! bitches..lol. I wish I could just meet friends who enjoyed staying in and hanging out and watching the kids play or watch movies and do stuff like that. I take my daughter to playgroup, but even the moms there work part time and/or go do things w/o the kids.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 7:42 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• ughhh I have the EXACT same problem...I feel so stupid and evil because I'm always getting mad at him not because he's going out but because he CAN go out...I'm ALWAYS at home with our 6 month old. I have NO friends, and the few I do have are out partying and hanging out with unmarried and people without babies...I'm not by ANY means saying that I wish I had there life I wouldn't give up my son for anything but it does suck sometimes. It's lonely....well lol I'm always here if you just wanna chat...lol always....
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 7:43 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I don't think it's right to be upset because he has friends and you don't. I would be upset if he left you with the baby to go out all the time. Find some moms groups in your area or look into MOPS that is a group I am in and I love it. They even provide care while you visit with the other moms. I am in your same boat as far as not having friends....but trust me the grass isn't greener on the other side. My husband doesn't have friends either and we spend 24/7 together. Sometimes I wish he'd have friends over or go out! I keep telling him he needs it and it's healthy for a relationship but he's happy to be home with me all the time and thinks that I'm not! UGH I hate when he reads into it like that. I am 23 and don't like partying either you should look for older moms their usually more mature and not into that type of thing either.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 7:47 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Search "moms groups" on google and find a local group of moms with young children. You will have lots of new friends and lots to do.

Anonymous

• i'm kinda going thru the same thing... i dont get to go out much even less now that i moved to a new area and dont know anyone and have no babysitters...

i wouldnt say its wrong for you to get upset, but if your not into stuff like that you cant really get mad....

you both should get a babysitter one night and go do something fun you both like.... or try these sites the other mommas are giving, they sound like a good idea
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 8:07 PM on Jan. 3, 2009