How to remove ball point pen from leather sofa?

Can any one recommend how to remove LOTS AND LOTS of ballpoint pen scribble from leather sofa without ruining it? The leather is light and has a gloss to it. Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Have you tried the Magic eraser?
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 7:35 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• That sort of peels the color off the leather. I have tried tech spot removal (worked a little without damaging the leather). Magic eraser and Graffi Kudder- both did start to peel the coating off!

I am bummed!
    Anonymous

• If you find out let me know, i have a cream color foot stool with the same problem
    determind

Answer by determind at 8:35 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I will. I would sure love to know myself. The sofa was expensive and my child decided to decorate it. Lol. I was able to get her "decorations" off the walls without too much complications because it is semi-gloss paint. Flat paint will come right off!

Found that out the hard way! My spouse has a bad habit of leaving ball point pens in range of little hands. It makes a great deal of work for me!

Anonymous

• rubbing alcohol or hairspray
    Anonymous