What causes boils??

Ever since I was around 11 or 12 I have been getting boils. The form under my arms, under my breasts, and on my inner legs up top. I'm a very clean person - I always have been - I bathe/shower at least once a day. I've been to dermatologists and simply cannot figure out what's wrong with me. My sister is the same way...mine is a little worse, but she's had it happening to her for a long time too. Neither my mother or father have these issues though.
I've tried antibacterial washes, I've tried creams, I've took antibiotics and nothing works. The only time that they went away was when I was pregnant...and obviously I can't just stay pregnant to keep em' away...lol.
So..does anyone know what might be causing this or what I can do to get rid of them?? ANY help would be soooo nice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Health

• well there are soooo many types of boils some are from cystic acne others are from ingrown hairs and some are from an infection. Since you have been getting yours since you were 11 I would say that yours are the infection. Its kinda like mono once you get it, it will always lay dormant in your body. I would go to the doctor and they can put you on some medicine
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 7:38 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Well if they went away during pregnancy I'd guess its a hormonal imbalance .
    I'd go back to the doctor and try and find the answer .

Good luck , I am headed to the dermatologist next week to figure out why I get them too , only mine are only near my ears .. weirdest thing ever.
    Anonymous

• I don't know if there is an answer, I have the exact same problem. I have been to so many doctors about it I have lost count and not a single one of them has a specific diagnosis. Oh and I've also had so many tests done it's not funny. The only thing that I have found that helps is a prescription cream called bactoban. And you're right antibiotics aren't much of a help at all!
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 7:38 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• oh and they are HIGHLY contagious so if you have one don't let someone else touch it or anything like that (lol I wouldn't think you would but yea)
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 7:39 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Mine scar too... almost like they tunel. Does that happen to you all?
    Anonymous

• YES!!! I have lots of scars, try Mederma (sp?) You have to use it religiously but it works.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 7:44 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Have you been checked for diabetes?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:22 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I"ve been checked for diabetes and I don't have it. I do have low iron most of the time, but other than that - I have been tested for everything and anything and they come up with nothing.
    Anonymous