One or two things...

that you told someone you were buying when you found out you were pregnant and they told you, you either wouldn't need it or wouldn't use it and now you love it! Just thought it might help those new mommy's out there...for me it was my changing table. My mom said you'll never use that, you just change them where ever, it's a waste of money...I like that he get's changed in one place, he knows whats going to happen when he gets there (routine) and I feel it's more sanitary for everyone!

britni11

Asked by britni11 at 7:40 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• mine was the changing table also and the playtex dropins bottles I love them and wouldn't change them for the world!! I'm with you on the changing table. I don't know what we would do everyday without it. Totally worth the cost
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 7:46 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I wish your mom would have told me that. It looked cute all set up and nice, but I never used it once. LOL
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 7:46 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• When I breastfed, my husband thought I was nuts for buying a waterproof flannel pad, but it was a lifesaver when I slept on it because I woke up sopping wet from being engorged with milk!

Also, I was told that I would never need a baby monitor if I lived in a one-level apartment. Whoever told me that was wrong. I needed one just as much in that type of dwelling as I do in a two-story house.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:48 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• That my children didn't need that many toys, but by god without them i would not be able to survive because they spend s much time entertaining themselves and it gives me some time to do some housework.

And also the changing mat!!

And also everyone thought i was stupid for getting a new car because they said mine was big enough but it wasnt, having my new car allows the kids t do whatever they want in the back etc. Like watch dvds, eat food because it has enough room.

Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 7:58 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• My mom said I would never use my baby carrier ... and she was right :) But that's okay, at least I used it a few times.

I use my changing table a lot, but I live in a ranch house and my son's bedroom is right near our family room, so it's a close distance. However, recently I have been changing him on the floor and am starting to grab diapers and wipes to put in our main room for this very reason. Go figure!
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 7:58 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I don't have a changing table, but use the top of the dresser with changing pad on it. I have yet to use the rocker glider--I think that does it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:01 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I loved the changing table---so much easier on my back than doing it on the floor or on the bed or "wherever"! I don't like the diaper genie as I can't see why I would want to store that many dirty diapers rather than just throw them away and out of the house immediately! I know it keeps the smell away, but so does a plastic bag tied in a knot! People love them, though.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:02 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I love the diaper genie. My son has a bm almost every time he gets his diaper changed. that would be a lot of single trips to the dumpster....its freezing outside and I'm lucky to get the dh to take the regular garbage out!
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• One thing that I thought i would use all the time, but only actually used once. Was the baby Bjorn Shoulder Strap Carrier. I paid 80 bucks for it too..Ouch.
    misswhite

Answer by misswhite at 11:59 PM on Jan. 3, 2009