Wall-E?

Anyone else see it as a satire? Or am I really just reading too much into it cause from the film I got htat we're needing to realize we're really destroying the Earth and that we need to step away from consumerism and mechanics(computers, phones.) and or...maybe I'm just weird. =(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Entertainment

• Sorry...I haven't seen it yet.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:43 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Oh I totally saw it that way! But I got passed it cause my son LOVES it so much, I mean so much it's not funny! I hate the whole meaning behind it but I love WALL-E himself, he is just so darn cute!
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 7:43 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I don't know about all that, you could be right on what the writers were getting at. I just know that I thought it was the MOST annoying movie I've ever seen! If the two main characters had said "WALL-E!" or "E-VA!" one more time, I was gonna run from the movie theater screaming!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 7:44 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Lmao. Yeah. I thought Wall-E himself was cute, but I'm not all that into the movie. I did see it the same way. Which is interesting.
    lizzeh

Answer by lizzeh at 7:51 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I've seen it, i got my oldest it for Christmas and he absolutely loved it and so did his younger brothers, its definitely a family film to watch. I never really saw it that way but i loved it.

Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 7:54 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• When dd and I saw it in the theater, I read into all the symbolism!! I think it is a good message for kids to think about...staying active, taking care of the planet and thinking for themselves is a bad thing??
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 9:22 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Actually I didnt get that at all while I was watching it. Honestly I was laughing at the cleaner robot. He cracked me up. But now that you mention it, ya I can kinda see that. Those are the types of subliminal messages I dont think I would mind the kids these days getting.
    medmaster2006

Answer by medmaster2006 at 9:54 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• i got bored during that movie and started cleaning...lol
    Anonymous

• To anon 10:48

It was the cleaner bot! Lmao.
    lizzeh

Answer by lizzeh at 10:54 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Yes- there is definately a lot of symbolism and social commentary. Its my favorite Pixar movie yet- I just LOVED it. We got it for dd for xmas, and I really don't mind when she wants to watch it over and over again lol. I also love the little shorts- Burn-e and Presto- so cute! There are so many meanings to it, and he is just so darn cute! The animation is spectacular!
    abigail824

Answer by abigail824 at 8:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2009