Water breaking...

When your water breaks does it usually gush out or does it leak? I know everyone is different. I guess what i'm asking is it something you will definately notice?

Jennyv143

Asked by Jennyv143 at 8:04 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When my water broke I was in bed asleep, the gush of liquid woke me up REAL quick. It is my understanding that it can be harder to notice if you are standing as the baby's head can cork the flow. It is also possible to be leaking amniotic fluid without a full out break.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 8:08 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I was sound asleep at 4 in the morning when my water broke, and it was a quite a lot so it was definitely noticeable. Then it just started leaking slowly.
    Anonymous

• Very, very few women get a foot soaking gusher. Most just get a slow leak - just enough to notice but so little that you aren't really certain if you leaked a little bit of pee.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:09 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Gush, then gradually leaks like your peeing
    lunamuse89

Answer by lunamuse89 at 8:23 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I gushed with two of mine, maybe tmi, but with my first it was during sex!! Not fun. The other was when I stood up after going to the bathroom. Definately noticed both times, sounded like a water balloon popping.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 8:46 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• My friends had both situations happened. My one friend thought she had peed herself, haha. My other friend had the gush happen.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:00 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• omg..it was the Grossest feeling ive Ever felt..i was getting ready to get the epidural and all of a sudden it felt like the baby was gonna come rushing out of my body and then i got the biggest gush that lasted a good 20 seconds..so gross! it was pretty obvious what was happening..with my first daughter i didnt have that experience, they broke my water for me after i was numb from the waist down.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:49 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I was induced. When one is induced, they 'break your water'. And to be honest with you I barely remember how it felt.
    CrizdeeAngela

Answer by CrizdeeAngela at 1:56 AM on Jan. 5, 2009