Pregnant three weeks after miscarrage?? (kinda long)

My hubby and i treid for a little over a year to get pregnant, we went to the dr and I was prescribed a very low dose of clomid, after two cycle I was pregnant. I had a mc on june 27 when I was 7 weeks along, my levels went back down to zero and all pregnancy symptoms vanished. Now just three weeks later they have returned. I don't really know when I should have my period because of the miscarrage and I was just wondering if these symptoms are because my bdy is recovering or if I could really have gotten pregnant so soon after mc and without med.?

mum2b2009

Asked by mum2b2009 at 11:09 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I learned from my Sister-In-Law's issues that it can actually be a lot easier for someone who has a difficulty getting pregnant/carrying a pregnancy to get pregnant and carry a baby following a miscarriage because of the already high Progesterone hormones left over from the previous pregnancy. The last pregnancy my Sister-In-Law had they actually told her that if she didn't get pregnant with X weeks after she would probably never have a child again (Due to issues with progesterone levels, her body doesn't create enough and when given medication for it she has BAD reactions). I would think it is very possible!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:21 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• It is possible but a little risky so be very careful if possible in order to protect your little love and not to get heart broken again. I am sorry to hear about your loss and good luck, may God bless you with your prayers...
    wondermommy5

Answer by wondermommy5 at 11:27 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I had a d&c done october 13,2005 cause I was 7 weeks but the baby had not progressed past 5 and my levels had dropped. The dr told me no sex for 14 days and then protected sex for 2 months after that. Well day 14 after my d&c was my 1 year anniversary and things got hot and heavy quickly and we didn't use protection that 1 time. After that we used it every time until I went back 4 weeks after my d&c for a check up and my dr discovered I was already pregnant again(which I knew a few days after it happened cause I just felt different)I now have a beautiful son that will be 2 on the 20th of this month. He was born exactly 40 weeks to the day after my d&c. I felt great while i was pregnant with him better than i felt not pregnant matter of fact. I was not sick a day. I worried non stop tho until I had him cause after having lost a baby that recently I was scared to death of losing him.
    HomemakinMommy

Answer by HomemakinMommy at 11:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Oh hun so sorry for your loss. I used clomid and also lost a baby before we got Jesse James (14 years ago) yes you could very well be expecting. I will pray for you, please let me know....good luck!!!
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 12:30 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Yes you can be. My close friend had this happen also. After her D&C she didn't even get to have a cycle b/c she was pregnant again. I recommend a high risk specialist if you are. Hugs~
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:43 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• after i had a miscarriage, the dr told me if i didn't have a period within 8 weeks to come back. i waited 7, went in and am pregnant again. I'm very nervous, but they said everything looks fine. so it is very possible. i didn't even lose all the pregnancy symptoms.
    kozatad

Answer by kozatad at 4:05 PM on Jul. 25, 2008

• It's very possible, that you're pregnant once again! I lost my baby as I was 9 weeks along and after 3 weeks I was pregnant again. My kiddo is now 7 month old. So make a test, I'm sure it will be positive! Good Luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jul. 30, 2008