Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can you get your husband to leave the home? My Husband went off with our almost 2 year old daughter and got F'd up so BAD, he had to have someone else drive him home. I have called the sheriff's office and talked with dispatch, waiting for them to call me back, it's been an hour already. How do I get him to leave and not have unsupervised visits?

Relationships, child neglect, divorce. I need to know how to get my husband to leave the home, legally.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (10)
  • what is he doing right now? is he drunk is he on probation or parole

    Answer by jodi205 at 8:11 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

  • Legally, if he lives in the house, the police can't make him leave. You will have to go to court and file for legal separation. You will need to prove to the judge that he needs supervised visits.

    Answer by Kaelaasmom at 8:12 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

  • He is messed up and passed out in the living room. Not on probation or parole. he did get a dui 2 years ago, has had about 6, but pays his way out everytime.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

  • the police CAN make him leave so he is passed out what will he do when he wakes up

    Answer by jodi205 at 8:15 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

  • Divorce or a legal sparation and restaining order with terms you accept.. Argue that he's a danger to your daughter, yourself, and himself and you get the cops t foceibly remove him from the property if he refuses to leave. You have to ask youself: Do i want to take my daughter through this? Is it really what's best? Weigh the pros an cons of the situation.

    I wish you the best.

    Answer by Zarviemom19 at 8:16 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

  • As long as he has been living there for more than 30 days the police can't make him leave. You need to go to court, file for seperation and the judge can make him move out, but without a judges orders he can have visitation that is unsupervised. Good luck.

    Answer by coala at 8:17 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

  • when he wakes, he will be like nothing is wrong. it is worth it. how can it not be? he does not deserve a family or any rights if he can put his child in danger like he did today.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

  • then call the cops now tell them he was drinking and drivin with your child and you are afraid of what might happen when he wakes up

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

  • The police CANNOT make him leave its his house too, what I would do though is let them know everything he did today with your dd, then when he wakes up let him know its over and you would like for him to leave.

    Answer by hautemama83 at 8:27 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

  • where i live if your married and have a child if you call the police and tell them you want him out they will make him leave it might be for just the night or longer but they will make him leave you need to make a poilce report of the incident to have on file for the court when you go for visitation and when you bring up the supervised visits they'll have that on file

    Answer by aubrees_mommie at 12:17 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.