How do Ovulation kits work?

I know they tell you when you ovulate, but when do you start testing? Does a positive mean you are ovulating at the moment, or just preparing to? How much to they usually cost?
Thanks!

lamr

Asked by lamr at 8:08 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• About four years ago my husband and I began trying to concieve. After about 8 months of trying I started taking ovulation tests and to be honest with you I was better off at guessing when I was ovulating. They were about 5 dollars then but I don't know how much they are now. Good luck!
    blessedmom0508

Answer by blessedmom0508 at 9:05 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I think they tell you when you're ovulating.

What I think is a better option is buying the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" so you will be able to tell when you're ovulating using physcial cues your body gives you.

This was the best book I have ever purchased. DH and I tried for three months, and on that third month, we were pregnant. I watched how my discharge changed through the month and was able to tell when I was ovulating.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 9:58 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• When you get a + on the opk, it means to get hubby and do the deed...and than do it for the next few days..multiple times if you are both up to it...You can by expensive tests or you can go to the dollar tree and they have them for $1!!! Just buy one for everyday...so thats only $30 a month, not too bad! GOOD LUCK!!! .:.:.:BABY DUST:.:.:.
    Mommy4Life86

Answer by Mommy4Life86 at 3:19 PM on Jan. 4, 2009