Has anyone tried Pilates? Does it really work to get U in shape?

I wanna try it but, Dont wanna waste my time and are bored with the some boring workout.

faithful78

Asked by faithful78 at 8:18 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think that Pilates is similar to yoga, look at Madonna that's all she does and she looks great, so yes I would say it works
    determind

Answer by determind at 8:32 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I did Pilates, and I LOVED it. I was in great shape at the time, and it STILL gave me a good workout-- I was sore after a few days of doing it intensely! I'd definitely recommend it.
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 8:42 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Yes, when I wasn't pregnant I did it on a regular basis, it gave me a toned body and sculpted me in the spots I wanted (butt, thighs, stomach) and it gave me great posture I didn't slouch anymore, I can't wait to do it again it was the best thing that worked for me =)

Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 8:42 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• "The Pilates promise: Ten sessions you'll feel the difference, 20 sessions you'll see the difference, 30 sessions you will have a whole new body." The Pilates promise is true. This is the best workout you will ever do and you will not bore of it because you are teaching your body control instead of repetition. Have some one trained in Pilates teach you because it is easy to get hurt without proper instruction in the beginning. After that you can do it at home on a mat.

Here's proof it works. When I first started Pilates twice a week, 45 minute sessions with no other exercise regimen or modification of my diet, I lost one dress size and 10 pounds in a month. That was after 8 sessions. Not bad for only working out twice a week. It tones your body and strengthens it.

Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 9:51 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I really like Pilates. I've been very lazy for a while but in the past I've had very good results by doing Pilates and walking/jogging.
    marsha78

Answer by marsha78 at 12:14 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I have just made a group called The Pilates Studio ... come check it out

Eilish

Answer by Eilish at 5:57 PM on Jan. 7, 2009