I feel like I'm going psycho and I can't control myself, HELP

I am pretty sure I'm pregnant, wont know for a couple more days. But the symptoms are all there that I had with my first child. What scares me is that with both pregnancies I lost my mind for the entire 9 months! Luckily my husband loves me and says he was just waiting me to come back from my vacation. But I know I was a total Bitch to him. I am starting to have the outburts again and I don't know what to do. My DD will be 4 in April and my DS will be 2 in February. I can feel myself starting to be annoyed by everything they do and I just want to scream! I am a stay-at-home mom so I spend every day with them. Dont get me wrong, I love them with everything I have, but I seem to snap and I just want to scream and throw things (not the kids). Has anyone ever dealt with this and how did you cope? If I am pregnant I don't want to be like this or feel like this for the next 9 months. Thanks for your help.

nvedwards

Asked by nvedwards at 8:25 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you should really have someone make you a batch of special brownies. i am serious- if you really do your research, there is NOTHING that says marijuana is harmful to a person, unless you smoke it. eat it in a brownie, and you get a totally different feeling that is much easier to handle if you've never been high before. marijuana has been used by pregnant women for thousands of years- it relieves stress, helps nausea subside, makes you hungry so you can eat (i had a hard time eating during parts of my pregnancy and it really helped), and makes you feel more relaxed. it's almost as if it was made for use by pregnant women! seriously, though, look into it. ignore everything you've ever been told and you will see.
    Anonymous

• Talk to your dr. about some anti anxiety meds. There are some that are safe to take while pregnant.
    Anonymous

• LOL how in the world does anyone go about finding and buying marijuana? I would love to see somebody try to explain that one to the judge!
    nvedwards

Answer by nvedwards at 8:38 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I would talk to your doc and maybe seek some counseling that will help you control your anger. You may need a little help. I understand that your hubby is loving and understanding, but you don't want to put your children through this. Please seek some help. I wish you all the luck with this.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:39 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I felt like I was reading my own story! I was prescribed Zoloft after my 3rd baby...not for depression but for anxiety. I felt exactly like you..like I wanted to just scream and throw things. I snapped at the drop of a hat and it just wasn't fair to my kids. I was breastfeeding though and while they say it is safe, I chose not to take the meds. I started meditating at night. Sounds cooky but it changed my life. I learned some breathing exercises that I use almost daily when I start feeling like that. Yoga helps me too. I still have my days but I am learning what works for me without meds. Not everyone can do that...you may want to talk to someone:)
    Anonymous

• I don't know what helps...but I was just wanted to let you know that I am exactly the same. :(
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 8:45 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Being pregnant is never an accuse to be mean to someone, **EVERYDAY lol*

I know the hormones throw us off track it can be hard but you can be the best if you try and hold your head up high and let little things pass you by dont let anything get to you, or at least try not to

Counseling maybe would be good for you...Or if your like me..

Write it all out, On posts, and journals

You can be suffering from depression, and anxiety talk to the doctor hon, and i wish you the best,

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 8:54 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I have three babies, a two year old and twin 15 month olds, and am 11 weeks with number four. I feel the same way. Sometimes the world is just too much and I feel on the verge of loosing control. Know that there is nothing wrong with locking yourself in the bathroom for five mins. to spash cool water on your face and breathe. Counting helps me too, however childish that sounds. And I would have to say, avoid drugs during pregnancy. Even if teh baby appears normal at birth and healthy afterwards, you may not know how far reaching the consequences are later on in their lives.
    zackkatiejames

Answer by zackkatiejames at 10:17 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• i know the feeling both my pregnancies i had it out for specific people,my first pregnancy i couldnt be around my mom,and the second pregnancy the damn dog(poor maxx)i hated the mutt.and well i know its frustration but trust when i tell u its the hormones.good luck.
    tzingillusion21

Answer by tzingillusion21 at 11:18 PM on Jan. 3, 2009