If I have a postive pregnancy test how far along would be...the earliest possible i am looking for.

I took a pregnancy test on Sept. 15th. I curious how far along would that make me. For example if I took it any sooner it would not show up positive.

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 10:29 AM on Oct. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If you took it on the 15th, at THAT point you could have been at the earliest 3 weeks pregnant. That would make you about 5 weeks now.
    rockinmomto2

Answer by rockinmomto2 at 10:31 AM on Oct. 4, 2011

• Most test show positive around 4 weeks. Some women get positives a few days earlier and some a few days later but typically you are about 4 weeks when you have enough hormone in your urine to be detectable on an HPT.

So assuming you were right at 4 weeks when you got your positive then you would be 6 weeks, 4 days today. BUT that could be off be SEVERAL days if you got a positive a few days early. Typically the first day of your missed period is when you are considered to be 4 weeks along but if you have long or short cycles, higher or lower hormone level than average in your urine, and more that could not hold true for you.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 10:35 AM on Oct. 4, 2011

• Hard to say, with my youngest I had a positive test on the 17th of Jan, he was born Sept 28th which meant I knew I was pregnant for almost 8 1/2 months so I was probably 2-3 weeks along. For the record knowing that early isn't always a good thing, it felt like the longest pregnancy EVER!
    MomVsBoys

Answer by MomVsBoys at 10:42 AM on Oct. 4, 2011

• You can get a positive at barely 2 weeks pregnant. According to doctor's LMP charts, it's 4 weeks, but technically you're only 2 weeks. If you were just due for your period on the 15th, and got the + right away, you would now, minimum, be jsut coming up on 5 weeks pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Oct. 4, 2011

• i was due for my next period sep15th and took a test on the 17th and like i said a faite poativw and then took two more test and they were negative now i am havin pain in my stomach and lower back and yesterday i theoq up aome blood and food what rhat mean
    Butterfly23180

Answer by Butterfly23180 at 10:59 AM on Oct. 4, 2011

• you would be between 4-6 weeks pregnant the doctors date it my the start of your last period so count from the day you had your last period up until now and you will find out how far along you are
    emmy12345

Answer by emmy12345 at 2:20 PM on Oct. 4, 2011