C-section Mommas ??

Am I the ONLY one who has had digestive issues since my section ?
I had my 7th child (2nd by c-section- first 5 kids were normal vaginal births) 3 months ago .
Since her birth -nothing but problems- I have constipation - I won't poop for 2-4 days . Then normal movements for a few days , followed by a bout of diarreah , back to constipation .
I also have some mild heartburn in the early evenings.

I never had issues before the section but since it's been pure hell.
ANyone in the same boat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Health

• I had 2 c-sections also and even though my last child was born over 17 years ago I've had some digestive problems since then. Adhesions or scar tissue can sometimes be the culprit. If you haven't mentioned this to your doctor yet you really should.

Some things that might bring you some relief is avoiding caffeine, fatty foods and excess sugar. I hope things get better for you soon. Take care :)
    Feridust

Answer by Feridust at 8:50 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Nope no problems, I suggest that you maybe see a GI doctor to see if anything got messed up during then the procedure.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:36 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• no sorry, i dont have any problems either.

when they cut your belly open they will move all your guts around to reach the baby to be able to pull it out of your stomach. it took my guts about 4 weeks or so to get back to normal and back to their old "spot". you should probably go to your OB and let them take an ultrasound of your stomach.

im not a doctor, so im just assuming from my own experience, that maybe your guts are still sensitive and not back in place.

i wish you good luck
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 8:46 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• One csection, one child ... no problems. My scar is still numb, but that is it ...

I would call your doctor.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 9:44 PM on Jan. 3, 2009