What are my chances of having a baby boy? I already have 3 girls.

3ninas

Asked by 3ninas at 8:47 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Not very good. It is all up to the sperm from your SO.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:48 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Really depends. I have a friend that has 3 boys and no girls so there really is no telling.
    proudmom2x

Answer by proudmom2x at 8:48 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• My next door neighbor has 6 boys--she kept trying for a girl and finally gave up.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:49 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I'd say 50/50....LOL
    Anonymous

• You know it really is just in Gods hands. I have two girls and really would love to try for a little boy. I know that I have a 50/50 chance having another girl. If it is meant for you to have a little boy then it will happen. If you have another girl then that is Gods plan for you. Good luck and enjoy your sweet children!
    blessedmom0508

Answer by blessedmom0508 at 9:01 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• My mother had 3 girls and then my parents decided to try one more time....My little brother was a blessing....to them!....JK I love my little brother...he's 38 now...LOL
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 9:05 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I have 2 boys and lost a son last december. I have always read that if you want a boy - have sex prior to ovulating and during ovulation....the male sperm swim slower.
    texas1997

Answer by texas1997 at 9:11 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Actually the male sperm swim faster and have a shorter life expectancy then the female sperm. Male sperm live about 24 hours. So yes to the sex right at the time of ovulation. Female sperm are mobile for about 72 hours and are slower swimmers :)
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 9:28 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I depends on your SO, and the day his swimmers entered you. If it was during your peak ovulation time, the male swimmers can swim faster than the female swimmers to the egg because the fluid is very watery. If it was a few days before/after your ovulation, the female swimmers can swim faster than the male swimmers becasue the fluid is thicker.

I know this sounds funny, but I read it in "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" ...
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 9:41 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• It just depends. I have an Aunt that had seven boys and then had a girl. Don't think I would want to try that long! but I guess she did.
    Katieasmom

Answer by Katieasmom at 11:14 PM on Jan. 3, 2009