Are hard will this be??

Ok so i am 4 weeks and 3 days pregnant... MY boyfriend is leaving tommorow for almost 6 months for basic training for the military. What are some things to get threw this.. any body had a simular experiance

aubreyluv

Asked by aubreyluv at 8:54 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't know, but maybe you can keep one of his undershitrs to smell his essence when you get lonely (I'm serious). Pack small notes thorought his luggage, packets, shirts, etc. give him a love letter whenyou say bye. Later on send him tapes, more letters and a picture each month of your growing belly, to keep him involved in your preg. and maybe keep a diary in which you write a few lines about how you are feeling during these months. I hope these are helpful.
    Yve538

Answer by Yve538 at 9:37 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• My husband went to boot camp when my son was 1 (thankfully not while pregnant!) One thing that really helped me, was every night (or whenever I got to it) I would write my day down in a journal, and I ended up giving him it. I felt like I was talking to him, and it helped since nights become long and lonely. It is hard since they are really limited in how much they can talk/write in the beginning. My first phone call was several weeks into training and it was a short call. I'd say do your best to keep him up as much as you can on your pregnancy... definitley the belly pics...you don't want him in shock when he comes home! Lol...JK. I moved in with my mom while he was gone and tried keeping busy. It's hard, but it does eventually pass. There are some really good military wives groups on here that help. Good luck with everything.
    mrsjoeljr

Answer by mrsjoeljr at 9:45 PM on Jan. 3, 2009