i am five weeks pregant and am concerned becauded about four years i had surgery for cervical cancer and i worry about packing my baby full term i am afraid my cervix may be wesk and make me go in labor early or lose the baby

sheena525

Asked by sheena525 at 8:58 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Have you discussed this with your doctor? I'm sure he can reassure you.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 9:00 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• You have to indeed explain your worries to your doctor, I hope like heck this does not happen, If anything they could stitch your cervix, so the baby will not be at risk, I will keep you in my thoughts , But for sure ask the doctor,

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 9:00 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Get hold of your doc. If there is a chance of incompent cervix he can put a stitch in it.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:01 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Ask your doctor for sure. I suspect that if a problem because of the surgery was possible that you would have been warned during the time of the surgery. Most likely all will be well.

Answer by Bmat at 9:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I had surgery year before my baby. I hope all goes well for you. The only problem I had was at delivery It took a long time to dialite from 3 to 4 cm because of scar tissue. The nurse said she could feel it.
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 11:33 PM on Jan. 3, 2009