teething tablets

What are teething tablets i was told to use the 4 month almost 5 month old is teething?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They sell them at any drug store. They are homeopathic and are supposed to soothe the baby. I tried them a couple of times, but they seemed to do nothing for my son. I have a friend who swears by them.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 9:01 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• But what are they does she chew on them?
    1Lilly

Answer by 1Lilly at 9:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• you can get them at walgreens and a few other stores. They are some what helpful. Alternating between them and tylonl or motrin and orajel can help. If my son's gums still hurt about an hour- 2 hours after using the tablets, I give him one of the other 2 to help. And then he goes back to his cooing/giggling self.
    Momma_Neko

Answer by Momma_Neko at 9:04 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• They're a homeopathic tablet to relieve pain and discomfort.

You put them in her mouth and they dissolve almost instantly...or you can put them in a little water to dissolve and give that to her...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:05 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• They are little white pills that dissolve super fast. You just take 1-2 and put them in their mouth wherever and they start dissolving. They did not really help me. I used the teething gels and people told me to take my finger and dip it in Benadryl and swap his gums with it. That worked... not much, just dip your finger in it. It deadens the gums.
    SuperBamaMom

Answer by SuperBamaMom at 9:05 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• The disolve under there tongue or in their cheek. I used them with my little girl and they were wonderful. They are better than tylenol and motrin to me. They worked the same and are all natural.
    proudmom2x

Answer by proudmom2x at 9:06 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• We live on them.....lol. They really seem to work with my DD. I ate one the other day to see what they did and they did not do anything for me...lol. I don't know how they work but they do. Give it a try.

jepelican

Answer by jepelican at 9:20 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• This is too funny ... my son is 7 months and the top of his first tooth just came through. He has been so cranky lately, it's been unbearable ...

Two friend, TODAY, recommended these teething tablets. I thought they mean teething buscuits, so I got those. Now I might go back to the store tomorrow and buy the tablets. Both of my friends swear by them too.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 9:37 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• They are fantastic!!!! Whoever invented them should win the nobel peace prize! My daughter wants nothing to do with orejel and for good reason. That stuff tastes like crap. The tablets taste good, they are homeopathic and they calm her down.
    GraciesMommy25

Answer by GraciesMommy25 at 10:05 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I asked this question and this was the best answer I got: The teething tablets have homeopathic ingredients that are not intended to "numb" the pain, but to relieve the swelling, inflammation, pain, and irritability that occurs due to teething. Here is what each of the ingredients do: Calcarea phosphorica -- helps with dentition (teeth breaking through gums); Chamomilia -- helps with irritability; Coffea cruda -- helps relieve wakefulness; belladonna -- relieve redness and inflammation. Keep in mind, that like most homeopathic remedies, ONE dose will not normally provide a great deal of relief--you should see some improvement by the second dose. I used this in combination with acetaminophen with great results for my little one! I give them to my son he started teething at 3 mos and I drop them in his mouth. He looks like he tries to chew it but it melts in his mouth and he swallows.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 3, 2009