How do you know that your water broke? I am not sure.

anyadvice

Asked by anyadvice at 9:01 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You go to labor and delivery! At least I was told if there was any unusual leaking to go there. They will want to make sure everything is ok, and that if it was your water breaking, that the baby still has plenty of fluids!
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 9:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• 1) If you start leaking AND

2) if the fluid is clear and doesn't smell like urine
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 9:34 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• When my water broke, it was like flood city. There was no way it was anything else. However, earlier that day, I keep having some leaking (very light). I kept thinking, Ok...I can't be peeing and not even know it! I went to the hospital and they had me cough & they places a strip of some kind of paper to see if it was fluids or not. She said nothing came out, so it must of been urine. That night my water did break, so I am sure that it was my water leaking...and not pee. LOL Good luck sweetie. Go on to the hospital, they will tell you for sure.
    Leslie03

Answer by Leslie03 at 10:07 PM on Jan. 3, 2009