She cry's over everything!!

My daughter is 4 years old and everything I say or ask her to do she starts crying. If I say her name to call her she starts to cry. If I ask her to do something she cries. She doesnt whine she just cries, and cries, and cries, I 'm going insane. Any bodgone thru the same thing? How did you deal with it.

mama0406

Asked by mama0406 at 9:11 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I don't think it should be ignored. I hate that every undesirable child behaviour should be ignored!

Have you tried to ask her why she cries? Or trying to pretend you don't notice it, and if you cal lher into the room, per say, for dinner, and she comesi n crying, give her a hug and kiss, and try to talk about something she likes, like what she's eating or what she did at school etc. Distraction is a wonderful key.

How long as this been going on? If it's recent, maybe it's just a phase. I say reassure her and go from there. IF it continues, a call to her ped may be a good option too.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 9:27 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• My little girl is doing the same thing and she is 4. Standing by to hear the answers to this wonderful question.
    proudmom2x

Answer by proudmom2x at 9:13 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• The only suggestion I could give is either ignore it which will make her see no one will respond and she will not get what she wants acting that way...it could just be a phase.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 9:13 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• It is more then likely a phase that she is going through. I would agree with ignoring her if she is crying for no reason. You could also try talking to her to see why she is crying. If she can not give you a good reason then you could also try this.

I would tell my DD that if she wanted to cry then she needed to go in her room.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:16 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• OMG..my daughter is the same way...Its like no matter what her feelings are hurt...It does take a toll on me after a while...I for the most part ignore it and she will usually stop when something else strikes her fancy... Or I will pretend to cry and make the same exact noises as her and she will usually stop mid-cry and look at me like I am crazy and laugh and then she stops crying...
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 11:29 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• my dd is the same way and she is 4 1/2. It drives me bonkers but I dont know what to do about it!
    Libiasmommy

Answer by Libiasmommy at 12:21 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I did this with my oldest and now I am doing this with my youngest. I simply tell them that I can't help them if they are crying because I don't understand them. If they won't calm down enough to talk to me then I tell them that they can go up to their room, because there is nothing wrong with them and mommy isn' t going to listen to them cry over nothing. It works for the most part, and you aren' t ignoring the fact that they are crying.
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 12:58 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I agree with MarshaB702. I use that with my 4 yo son when he's talking back or giving me attitude. My daughter (3) whines over nothing! She even play whines! I tell her that that's not how big girls act and that it's not kind of her to make us listen to it. I have also whined at her! But these haven't ended the whining, only stops it.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:37 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• My son does the same thing! This is what I do ...I stand over him n very sternly I tell him that I am goin to give him to the count of 3 to stop crying, if he doesnt stop he go to time out, if he continues to cry he goes to bed! Now while counting I hold out my hand and use my fingers to show him I mean business! I also use his name while counting(it makes it more personal to the child)ex." Connor that's 1!... n so on..once you have reached 3 and your child hasnt stopped u simply say.. ex.. "Connor take 3 n go to time-out”. Im not telling you that this will happen over night it takes time, patience, practice, and being persistent is extremely important! BUT YOU MUST BE PERSISTENT AND USE IT FOR EVERYTHING NOT JUST THE CRYING
    bobblehead1218

Answer by bobblehead1218 at 2:07 AM on Jan. 4, 2009