What main course meal goes good

tomorrow for dinner i am making shredded hashbrowns with chedder ch. cream of chicken soup sour cream mixed together put in a pan and cover with crushed cornflakes and i am gonna add some ham to it.I cant think of a main course to go with it,any ideas?

proudmom34

Asked by proudmom34 at 9:12 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Omelettes or scrambled eggs.

My oh my does the meal ever sound good!

Answer by Bmat at 9:16 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• That sounds like the main course to me. Add some tossed salad and garlic bread and call it a meal.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 9:17 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• With the ham in it, you definitely have a casserole, which is a time honored main course! You could sear the ham on the side if you feel like your hubby might rebel! Definitely do a vegetable though. Something green for some color.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:23 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• lol...I agree...add enough ham and call it a meal!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:55 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Dice your ham and only use a sm. portion and serve with steak.
    wilcoxamanda

Answer by wilcoxamanda at 10:17 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I'd throw in some green beans and call it good. Maybe even a can of corn. We make alot of soups/stews/casseroles at my house to stretch the meat budget and the more veggies you add, the less they notice that there isn't five pounds of meat in it. :-)
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:22 AM on Jan. 4, 2009