did you hear about the lady that breastfead her child until she was 8!?

I'm not talking about pumping she acctually breastfead...what is your opinon on this? personally I think it is some form of child abuse....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• We done been asked this. It's old news.
    Anonymous

• http://news.aol.com/newsbloggers/2008/05/22/breastfeeding-an-eight-year-old/

oh yea here's the article and the youtube interview
    Anonymous

• They actually show the 8 year old on her boob . . . I think it's disturbing . . . I went through puberty at 9 . . . its creepy
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:23 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I think it's creepy. If only the kids at school knew....well they probably do now!!!
    Anonymous

• I could understand wanting to provide nutrition but couldn't the lady just pump her breast milk and offer it in a cup? I sounds to me like there is a separation anxiety issue here. There seriously needs to be an intervention...LOL
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 9:28 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Well I don't think it's child abuse lol, but it's a bit weird.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:29 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• already went over this....
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 9:30 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• ick........................! it is disturbing
    Anonymous

• OK so this question may have been asked but not EVERYONE gets to read all questions posted on here.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:47 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I thought It looked very weird and most people would say, when your kids can ask for it you should probably quit...then I saw this: The human body biologically expects to breastfeed for up to about seven years of age ~ the universal age for losing the milk teeth. There is so much anthropological and scientific evidence to show that this is what our body needs and expects, regardless of the culture, climate, race or status we are born into. That seems to make sense. I don't know if I'd personally do it that long and if I did...I'd probably just pump and serve it in a cup...does anyone else find the tooth losing thing interesting? Anyone have more info on that?
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 9:47 PM on Jan. 3, 2009