• In the Spotlight:

Is it ok for hubby to go to a party?

So im kinda pissed off that my husband went to a party tonight and left me home to watch the kids. If it was just my son here i could just ask my dad and step mom to watch him so i can go to but his son is also here and the two of them together is too much for me to ask of them to watch. He didnt even ask me if i wanted to come or anything. The only time that i get to get a break from the kids is when i have a doctors appointment. He only gets his son when his son is out of school and i have my son full time and most of the time he comes with me everywhere, to my doc app. and to work with me, i never get a break and im kinda pissed that he can do what he wants when he wants and i cant to shit. I am pregnant so maybe im blowing this whole thing out of proportion, please tell me what you think.

cobysmom151

Asked by cobysmom151 at 9:19 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• I wouldnt let my husband. He is married with a family, not 19.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 9:22 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I don't think you are I feel like I never get a break either. I think we as moms need a break from our kids so that we can be better moms to them.
    danielle8717

Answer by danielle8717 at 9:23 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I think he's being kind of selfish. He's not thinking of you or his son (sons?). I would definitely mention it to him and plan a couple of hours for yourself and tell him that he's watching the boys while your out. He should think twice about doing that again.
    Anonymous

• I agree that he needs to give you a night to go out with friends also. I mean it is only fair. Really he needs to spend some time with his son if he only gets him when he is out of school. Sorry but normally me and my hubby go out together or we both stay home.
    proudmom2x

Answer by proudmom2x at 9:23 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I don't think you are blowing this out of proportion. He should have asked you if you wanted to go instead of just going. He has a family now so he doesn't need to go out like he is single anymore. Maybe if he ASKED you it wouldn't be a big deal. Lastly, he has another son who he does not see often. So when does get to he should be with him. I think you need to talk to him.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:25 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• You're not his mom, you are his girlfriend or wife. Sometimes men need time to themselves or with their friends away from the kids and the wife. Why don't you go out next weekend and tell him you're leaving and go with some friends? I wouldn't make it a big deal unless it's a habit
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't mind, my hubby doesn't get out much, so if he wants to go have a good time, cool. But he would do the same for me.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 9:26 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• i really dont mind him going out and having fun, but he is also a volunteer fire fighter so he is constantly going to the fire house and he just got done getting certified to be an EMT so he has been going to class every tues. and thrus. and sat and sometimes he goes hunting with my dad. I dont get to go out cause i feel like i need to be home with the kids and im the one who takes care of them cause everyone else, including him have full time jobs and mine is only part time
    cobysmom151

Answer by cobysmom151 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I wouldn't mind either but my fiancee never gets a chance to hang out usually we go out together though when he does but he does like to have "guy" time sometimes they will go play football or what boys usually do
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 9:31 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• It sounds like he's really busy and is providing the best he can for his family. He's busting his butt and sometimes probably just wants a break. Can you really blame him? You should get out every once in a while too. You should make a date night once a week and then you should alternate weekends of who gets to go out on a saturday and spend time with friends. Say you go one weekend and he goes the next.
    Anonymous