Does caster oil really work to induce I'm 39 weeks and want to have this baby I tried everything but that

Happy2bemom969

Asked by Happy2bemom969 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Nope. Your body will go into labor when ready. Castoer oil will just give you diarrhea
    Anonymous

• What else have you tried? I did the castor oil, not only was it disgusting, but the only thing it did was give me explosive diarrea. I wouldn't recommend it.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 9:32 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• YOu'll hear this a dozen times, it will if you, baby and body are ready. People swear it works, some say it doesn't. Personally I have tried it two different times. 4tbsp mixed in cold juice and didn't work. It barely made me go to bathroom, but just a little bit. So depends I guess. I know what you mean about wanting to be done.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I wouldn't do it either. You will chit and  possibly make the baby chit in utero which can get into the lungs and may cause serious problems. Let it happen on it's own. Your baby isn't ready to enter this world.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:34 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• If you give in and try it... Hold your nose tight while drinking it. It'll help. But depends, if you really want to drink that stuff or not.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 9:36 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I have heard that it might work but not in a pleasant way. Try a really long walk, like about an hour or so. It will help in two ways, stretching and warming up your pelvic muscles and letting gravity help you move that baby down the pelvis towards the birth canal.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 9:38 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I have tried walking alot, sex, squatting alittle still nothing in I'm so anxious and exhausted. I might sex again my hubbys home ha ha he needs to help LOL
    Happy2bemom969

Answer by Happy2bemom969 at 9:40 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Girl go get a teaspoon
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 9:58 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• OMG, I can't believe some of you are telling her to do that stupid crap. DON'T DO IT!
    Anonymous

• i wouldnt do it, my friend did it and all it did was make her throw up all over the place and made her have really bad diarhea. its not something i would suggest to try after seeing my friend go through that
    lsfxy2003

Answer by lsfxy2003 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 3, 2009