What does an ovarian cyst feel like?

I'm having a bit of pain on my lower right side. I don't have my apendix or gall bladder so it's not that. It feels a bit like menstral cramps but it's only on the one side. Dr. Mom, diagnose me, please.

EwansMommy

Asked by EwansMommy at 8:41 PM on Oct. 4, 2011 in Health

• I had 1 in high school, it only hurt super bad one day, i couldnt walk. But other than that it just felt like pinching. It went away on it own.
    teenmommy31

Answer by teenmommy31 at 8:43 PM on Oct. 4, 2011

• I had a very bad cyst that had to be removed & the cramp like feelings very quite painful. If yours don't hurt that bad (since it's only on one side) you may be experiencing pain during ovulation. I do every month.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:44 PM on Oct. 4, 2011

• Mine was only on my right side and the though it was my apendix until they seen it in an ultrasound.
    teenmommy31

Answer by teenmommy31 at 8:45 PM on Oct. 4, 2011

• It feels like a really horrible labor pain, but in your side. I was also nauseated...but that may have been from the pain. Right before I got pregnant, I had a fist sized cyst, and also 7 other small cysts on the right side. It was horrible.
    Tatumsmommy0123

Answer by Tatumsmommy0123 at 8:53 PM on Oct. 4, 2011

• I've had some that were severely painful and then some that I didn't even know were there until the doctor informed me of them.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 8:54 PM on Oct. 4, 2011

• I had a cyst on my ovaries which was on my right side. It was PAINFUL, like sharp stabbing pain. It usually only comes around the time of my period. Or when I lay down on my stomache. It's about the size of a golf ball
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 8:55 PM on Oct. 4, 2011

• When i get cysts i go thru ALOT of pain.I hate them
    Poohy1975

Answer by Poohy1975 at 9:00 PM on Oct. 4, 2011

• I get all kinds. It's usually when they rupture they are the worst. I get nausea, watery pink discharge, bad cramps, stabbing on the left side because that's my bad ovary, and back pain and flank pain.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:39 PM on Oct. 4, 2011