What is your favorite children's book?

When I was a child my mother read to me every night until I was in high school. Sharing with me her favorite classics. I wish to do the same with Munchie , but he is a boy so "The Anne of Green Gables" series and "The Secret Garden" might not thrill him like it did me. What do you recommend for boys?

FuzNet

Asked by FuzNet at 9:34 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Try a book called Running Out of Time by Margaret Peterson Haddix. She also wrote The Shadow Children series ~ Among the Hidden, Among the Imposters, Among the Betrayed, Among the Barons, Among the Brave, Among the Enemy, Among the Free. I started reading these to my son when he was in the 1st grade and he loved them and remembers them still. He's now 17: )
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 9:49 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Harry Potter series
    Lemony Snickets series ...
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 9:36 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Love You Forever by Robert Munsch

It WILL make you cry.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:36 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Oh my, I am thinking about crying just remembering Love You Forever, what a book that is.

Tom Sawyer, Hardy Boys,

How about non-fiction, too- about the constellations, cars, trains, dinosaurs.

Answer by Bmat at 9:40 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Anything by Shel Silverstein.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 10:41 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I loved reading adventure books as a child. My Mom didn't read to me after I was about 7 and could read myself, but I have had a lifelong love of books. Get a library care and take Munchie to the library once a week. BTW is that his real name? I sure hope not. Good luck.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 1:22 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I'll Love You Forever... i'll love you for always, as long as i'm living, my baby you'll be...
    I love this book!! Christine0813 is right when she said "it will make you cry" GREAT BOOK!
    verniemama

Answer by verniemama at 1:25 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• "I'll Love You Forever"

I find this book creepy. The mom is climbing in the window watching her adult son....that's one part....it didn't make me cry, it creeped me out.

Anonymous

• Anon 1205, can you answer the question next time? What is YOUR favorite book. Not what creeps you out.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 4, 2009