Do dermatologists still prescribe Accutane?

I have had acne since I was 6 years old so I have battled it my whole life practically with every cream and pill out there. Proactiv even made it worse. When I was 15 years old, I took Accutane for 6 months. It cleared my skin up so much but it's still not perfect. A friend of mine had taken two 6 month sessions of it and I was hoping to try another run with it too. But I thought a long time ago my mom said they wouldn't prescribe it to my sister because it's not legal anymore or something. I know I had to have my liver checked every month while on it and you couldn't get pregnant. Anyone know if they still prescribe it?

LoveMy2Boys426

Asked by LoveMy2Boys426 at 9:57 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Yes. They do.
    Anonymous

• my husband was just on it about a year ago. So I think they still do!
    nicholelpb

Answer by nicholelpb at 10:10 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• They are real strict about it though because of the potential for birth defects if you get pregnant but yeah they do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• last i heard they did
    SexiAngel

Answer by SexiAngel at 1:44 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Have you tried any other skin care lines? Other than Proactive?
    I have had pimples and at some times pustular acne since I was 11 and I am now 35 so I know what it is like. I used Retin-A cream for a whole year and antibiotics to get mine under control.

I personally don't like the side effects of Retin-A and accutane so I stick to trying different products.

I have used a lot of products and I am now happy with what I am using. If you are interested in trying something new let me know and I will be happy to give you details.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 2:42 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• did you try obagi?? it's really work
    leila2008

Answer by leila2008 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 4, 2009