I have to get pregnant!

Ok, so can someone explain ovulation tests to me? I need to get pregnant this month(long story) and i'm on my period right now. I need any advice on how to get pregnant. It took six months with my first son for me to get pregnant and i need to do it again, this month.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Ide like to know how to also!
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 10:04 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I really don't think those things can be controlled. Sorry, it's your body that decides when that is going to happen. I've never had to use the tests but good luck to you. I think the stress of "having to get pregnant this month" might hurt your chances a bit. Relax hon and let nature take it's course. These things are NOT on our time. Again good luck to you sweetie.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 10:04 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Can you give us some hint as to why you HAVE to get pregnant right now?? I hope it is because you and your significant other just really want a baby and not for any ulterior reasons.
    Anonymous

• Well, yes we really want a baby together. And a couple days ago, i got a positive pregnancy test. And for the last couple of days, all he can talk about is the baby, BUT i got my period today and i don't have enough heart to tell him. So i figure i can just get pregnant this month and he'll never know. But i'm not sure how since my first took six months.
    Anonymous

• Wow, i dont think you should keep that from him. I would just see a doctor to see what is going on, you could be pregnant but just having some complications, and sex could make it worse. Just be careful, and i hope you completely understand and know the risk yopu are taking by keeping it a secret.
    Anonymous

• "Well, yes we really want a baby together. And a couple days ago, i got a positive pregnancy test. And for the last couple of days, all he can talk about is the baby, BUT i got my period today and i don't have enough heart to tell him. So i figure i can just get pregnant this month and he'll never know. But i'm not sure how since my first took six months."\

Nope. He'll know. They aren't that stupid. **smile**

Don't lie to him. It's possible you were indeed pregnant and miscarried...check with your doctor. Above all, DO NOT LIE about this.

Pick up a copy of "Taking Charge Of Your Fertility" by Toni Wechsler. I was pregnant the VERY FIRST cycle using this method. after months of using ovulation test kits that proved to be inaccurate.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:53 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• try using fertilityfriend.com
    determind

Answer by determind at 10:56 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I agree...I doubt the bleeding was/is actually a period after a positive test. It is more likely that you're miscarrying and that should be something you guys go through together. You should see your doctor and decide when is best to start trying again to give yourself the best chance at making and carrying a healthy baby.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:09 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I agree with everyone saying you need to see your dr. IT is not recommended to get preggo right after a miscarriage, although it doesn't ness. mean you are miscarrying. There are many women who have periods for the first couple months after they gat preggo and don't know they are even pregnant. Call your doc!
    zackkatiejames

Answer by zackkatiejames at 11:12 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Even though it's already been said, I had to add---- call your doctor! It's really best that you see your ob/gyn to determine what's really going on. I know plenty of women who didn't know they were pregnant until later on in their pregnancy because they still had what seemed to be a period every month. So, let's think positively & hope that you're still prego! Good luck!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 11:17 PM on Jan. 3, 2009