• In the Spotlight:

UTI and can't fix...

I went to the doctors and they gave me meds for it and all I've drank is water for days on end now...And cranberry juice. It still has not healed and its getting worse...I called my doctor and hes going to see me again in a few days.
But does anyone know what else I could be doing until then?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If it's not healing then it's probably something else. Just hang in there. If you put some topical cream down there, even vaseline or triple antibiotic ointment that helps the discomfort and stay away from caffeine!
    blowingsteam

Answer by blowingsteam at 10:04 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• are you drinking distilled water it helps more
    Anonymous

• How long are you supposed to take the medication for? Nothing is immediate, most stuff down there takes some time to get better. I wouldn't take anything for it that WASN'T prescribed for you by your doctor, though, you might just make it worse (or end up with another kind of infection). Keep up with your water and cranberry juice, maybe add yogurt, too!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 10:08 PM on Jan. 3, 2009