Army moms/wives....HELP please!!

DH is thinking of joining the army. I used to say NO...but now it seems like the best thing, so I was wondering what some moms/wives of soldiers thought about it? If it was up to you for your husband to be in the army would you keep in there have him quite? I need details about the pros and cons

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 10:07 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in About CafeMom

• My husband was Active Army from 2002-2005. He got out and was called back again from 2007-2008. He is now in the Reserves. Being in the Army has its pro's and con's. Having been in that situation I would suggest that your husband start looking into MOS's (jobs) in the army. Some like infantry have no civilian equivalencies, while other's like combat medic will give you your paramedic's licences once you complete basic and AIT (school). If you have any specific questions I would be glad to answer them. You can pm me if you want to.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:14 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• My fiance is actually in the national guard and thinking about going active....but were expecting another baby and we arent married yet....so im not sure what to think of it....what ARE the pros and cons??
    FirstMomAnt

Answer by FirstMomAnt at 12:16 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• cons he could be gone alot.......not see the kids alot move alot and kids have to leave there friends....you to ummm.....pros chance to see the country....other countrys....pay is well depending on how many kids and rank.... college paid......if your in a cash bind there is like what a 40 thousand dollar sign on bonus depending on what job you pick and how long you would be in....there are support groups like the FRG when your spouse is deployed to help you beter cope and you make lots of friends....but my hubby is on his 3rd tour in iraq in 6 years and it dont see him like I would like... it gets kinda lonly and sometimes you have your good days and your bad your happy and then sometime you just try but thats life
    soldierswife11

Answer by soldierswife11 at 1:45 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• my husband joined in 2007 and is currently deployed. it has def. been the better thing for us. except that he is gone, and we are far from family. But we're not affected by the lack of jobs and stuff. My brother who is a very well known plumber- he is very good at his job, he just had to join the reserves because of the work situation. he is in a mos that he isn't deployed over seas (its written in his contract) but he will go out in the u.s. if there is a disaster. but they don't have to get moved to a different duty station since its the reserves. its def. something to look into! Good luck!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on Jan. 4, 2009