Short men: Are they REALLY UNATTRACTIVE TO YOU?

My husband is 5'5 and so am I. I just wear flats because I don't like the whole Tom Cruise effect. But I always hear comments from people about how they think guys are hot because they're tall... and one lady even told me to watch out because some tall guy at the office was after me. I really don't give a crap if people think my guy's hot or not. He actually rocks in bed, shocked the crap out of me the first time we got down, but it just stands out to me... What's up with that?

blowingsteam

Asked by blowingsteam at 10:08 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well I'm 5'11'"and my hubby is 5'8". I have only had one boyfriend that was taller.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:09 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I like guys taller than me. Thats not hard to find because I'm only 4' 10". I don't think I could ever date a guy under 5' tall.
    BubblesB

Answer by BubblesB at 10:12 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I think its preference, but then again you cant control who you like, love etc. I personally like taller men, but in the long scheme of things it doent matter to me...as long as he is a good guy.
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 10:15 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Well, my man is only 5'6", but I'm only 4'11" so he's still a lot taller than me.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• It doesn't make a difference to me =] I've been with both short and tall.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 10:25 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I am very short - 5' - so most every man I know is taller than me. I have dated what others considered short men - but they were still taller than me so it didnt bother me. I dont think I would be attracted to someone shorter than me - but I have never been in that situation so I guess I dont know for sure.
    Samantha19

Answer by Samantha19 at 10:31 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I don't care for short men at all. My step dad was short and he had short man's complex and was a horrible person. So all short men have that against them. The shortest I've dated was 5' 9'. I'm just under 5' 6" and my hubby is 6' 2". I love them tall and built. I feel sorry for really short men. I do think it can be a deficit, but once they find the right woman it does not matter.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 10:33 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Short men aren't. But guys with short man syndrome are. I know quite a few short guys that are constantly trying to prove how hot they are. I had a guy friend who is short and he blew off any girl who isn't a super model because of his "high standards." Needless to say, he is single.

I've met many hot shorter guys that were great though.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 10:37 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I don't care for short men either although my husband I guess could be considered short he's 5"7 but he's taller than me, Im 5"3.
    aishadavid

Answer by aishadavid at 10:38 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• My SO is not my typical physical type at all. I like tall brawny men that make me feel really petite and protected...he is 5'5 and on the thin side but really muscular. Don't mind it a bit though...its really not that important to me.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 3, 2009