What would you do?

I do a lot of things with my sil because our kids are close in age. When my daughter gets hurt, she always runs to her. We both get up at the same time but she always beats me to her by a few steps. It bothers me because she's my daughter and i want to be the one to comfort her. She doesn't run to her own kids because she wants them to be tough but i think because my daughter is the youngest and for whatever other reasons she does it. My husband thinks she does it because it's her mothers instinct. At first it didn't bother me but it's really driving me crazy now. I'm pregnant and i know things bother me more now but i don't know what to say to her. I don't want her to think i'm mad at her but i want her to know that it bothers me. Am i just being hormonal or would this bother you too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That would bother me also...I would just be honest. Thats the only way to fix it.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 10:12 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• No not being hormonal. It would bother me too. It sounds like you guys are close. I think you just need to talk to her and tell her how you feel. Maybe preface it with "I don't mean to hurt you by anything I am about to say but..." If she is a real woman she will hear you and listen to what you are saying. Unfortunatly if that doesn't work you might have to either learn to deal with it or stop hanging around her. Good luck hon.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 10:14 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I understand, my mom is the same way as well as my mil and my step-mom. If they get to my son first I just havbe them hand him over to me. I would say something though if it really bothers I would say something. you don't want to hold a grudge because she has no clue its bothering you.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 10:19 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I would just take my daughter from her, not rudely..but then again how could it be rude? She is your daughter and she is hurt and of COURSE you want to comfort her.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 10:23 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I even take my daughter from my husband =] But then again, when it comes to he and I, she prefers me when she is upset.
    SandraB383

• I had this problem with my mother when we first moved back to florida. Either she would baby her when she got in trouble so that Koda got to the point that when she knew she was doing something wrong and got caught she would run straight to my mom. Or when she got hurt she would walk right part me to my mom.. That bothered me to high heaven. So I told my mom to stop because 1. she is making my child undiciplined and 2. it is my job as her mother to comfort her. She got a little upset for about 5 minutes then realized I had every right to say what I did..

takodasmom1117

Answer by takodasmom1117 at 1:02 AM on Jan. 4, 2009