Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


My younger brother is 18.. his girlfriend will be 17 in July were from Michigan. They think they're pregnant and was wondering how to make it possible to raise this baby if there is one on thier own. He's fine bc hes 18 but legaly she cant move untill shes 17. I dont know if she can get mediciad being a miner, hows to get assistance, and all that if anyones been through or knows how it works let me know please.

Answer Question

Asked by mocamomma22 at 10:10 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Can she file to be an emancipated minor in that state?
    If so it would enable her to get the assistance she needs, and she could possibly move out of state if she chose to at that time.

    Answer by indigostone at 10:14 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

  • I got prego at 16, I got medical from Department of Social and Health Services(DHSH) they have a web site, they can get medical, cash every month and they can get food stamps every month. If they have your support they will be fine, me my huby and DD are just great!!

    Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 10:16 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

  • Medicaid.

    Answer by SandraB383 at 10:19 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

  • I think once you have a child you are considered an adult no matter if you are 17... or even 14! But maybe it depends on where you live.

    Answer by AmiJanell at 11:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

  • thanks ladies!!!

    Answer by mocamomma22 at 12:16 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.