Does teething get less painful with each tooth that comes in?

My 4 month old cut his first tooth a few days ago but really never fussed or cried before it came in. I thought he would be throwing tantrums during teething. Could teething actually be this easy for him or does it get more painful?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• With my 3 children, some were more painful than others. I think it just depends.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 10:19 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• each child is different. my kids take teething very hard, some dont even mind
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 10:40 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• My son is teething and just got his first tooth at 7 months. He seems to be fine with it.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:45 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• depends with each child. They say canines are the hardest. But with both mine, their first two teeth were the hardest, after that they just popped in.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 11:10 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• For some kids, it's always a piece of cake...others, each one is worse than the last! Just another wait-and-see kind of thing, unfortunately. Congrats on getting through the first one unscathed, though, I hope to be as lucky!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:02 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I agree that every child is different but I can tell you that I have to girls that were very missirible when their 2yr mollars came in....lol.
    robinski41671

Answer by robinski41671 at 7:30 AM on Jan. 4, 2009