is you boy circumsized?why or why not? my first is, but only because he had surgery on his penis at 8 months old and they had too, my second isnt, because i dont think its necessary. i would love to know your reasons ladies thanks.

jbirchard

Asked by jbirchard at 10:23 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No and the main reason is because Daddy isn't and he was REALLY against getting it done. Also, I did a lot of research and realized that there's no more risk in not circumcising than there is in getting the procedure done. Plus, I really couldn't bear the thought of putting my brand new baby through any unecessary pain or surgery. I figured if men were supposed to be circumcised, they would have been born that way.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:26 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I cirucumsized mine cause his dad was and also heard it was easier to get infected, harder to keep clean if uncircumsized. I don't really think there is a med reason for it. Just ususally goes if the dad is or not. However I am just for the circumsizion. No particular reason just am.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 10:26 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• My husband's brother didn't and when he ended up going to war in the 90's he got an infection -- obviously they can't bathe all the time -- and he had to get circumcised in his 20's. I couldn't think about my son having to go through that and so we had it done. Thankfully my son slept right through it so it made me feel a little better.
    Anonymous

• mine is, his dad is and I let him decide. There's pros and cons to both just like immunizations, and stuff like that. You feel bad about your decision either way. At least I did. It's a personal choice that only the parents can make, who cares what others think.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 10:28 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Well, if I have a boy, he WILL be circumcised. I know many women are turned off by an uncircumcised penis that looks like it's wearing a turtle neck. It just looks gross, I've heard it smells too . . . yuck and definitely that it's harder to keep clean.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:34 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• well my so is not, and his penis has NEVER smelled EVER.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 10:38 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• My son is. I've noticed that uncircumcised men tend to smell, regardless if he's cleaned or not.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:43 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I did not circumcise either of my boys. I believe they were born perfect and don't need unnecessary surgery.
    M_May-Rafferty

Answer by M_May-Rafferty at 10:50 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I do not want to debate this, i just want to shed some light on the subject. Doctors say that it is only for cosmetic reasons and I believe they did this under pressure of the insurance companies so they would not have to pay. The reality is that being uncircumsized can cause hernias, and in the elderly that can no longer take good care of their bodies, they end up with infections and skin rashes from not being able to clean it well enough themselves and CNA's not willing enough to clean that area properly for them. I have worked in this field and seen many older gentleman living with irritation and pain on a daily basis because of not being circumsized and not being able to take care of themselves well enough any more. I would never wish this upon my son or anyone elses for that matter.
    boy_or_girl

Answer by boy_or_girl at 11:20 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• If I were to have a boy, I wouldn't because of these reasons: http://www.nocircpa.org/4642.html
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 11:32 PM on Jan. 3, 2009