Can you get baby formula on foodstamps?

Asked by Lauren1990 at 1:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yup! Sure can!

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:37 PM on Oct. 5, 2011

• If you are on FS, try looking into WIC. They can help you get formula for your baby without using your FS. It can be very helpful when you are on a very strict budget.

Answer by etsmom at 1:40 PM on Oct. 5, 2011

• Yes.

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2011

• yep, it is one of the things food stamps are designed for. The store might have limits on it though. I know years ago, there was a big thing where people were buying formula with food stamps and then selling them for drugs. Then the people that bought the formula would return it to the store and get cash. I even heard a case where someone returned the formula to the store after putting something in it (I don't remember if it was a syringe or drugs). Really quite sad.

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 1:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2011

• I would think that baby formula is first on the list of things that food stamps is good for.

Answer by momthruivf at 1:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2011

• Yes, but you should check into WIC,, is the formula for your baby? I think that until the age of 2 WiC will still help even with food stamps.

Answer by kimigogo at 1:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2011

• If you have food stamps, then you will also be able to get WIC. If you have WIC, then you won't have to use your foodstamps on formula.

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2011

• Go for WIC -t be prepared because they will talk to you about breastfeeding. But you get more than just formula if you breastfeed

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 2:08 PM on Oct. 5, 2011

• I would think...I mean its baby food and food stamp aren't just for adults.

Answer by LoViNmYbAbIeSs at 1:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2011