What to give my 6 year old for a sore throat?

She started it last night. She said her throat hurts. She only coughed once this morning. But she is like talking so low and barely has a voice. I kept her home from school today because she had a temp of 101.2 although it is at 100.7 now I haven't given her any tylenol or anything like that, but I have given her this stuff for allergies which says for itchy throat not sure if that is the samething, but that is all I have to give her I can't drive so I can't get to the store to get anything until at least dh gets home. What can I give her? I need her to be able to go to school tomorrow cause it is interm pickups and to meet her new teacher (she got a new teacher because her teacher got moved to a diffrent class). And i am trying to keep her from her sister who is in headstart because tomorrow is picture day lol. Then I am trying to keep her away from the baby that is 2 months old. So she has been upstairs most of the day. She was playing the computer for a while and just went back and layed down

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Oct. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• I give my 6 year old throat spray.. I think adults get 5 sprays.. I give her two.

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2011

• If its just a sore throat and a fever she could have strep throat. Give her Tylenol and call the doctor. GL

Answer by aheuszel at 2:03 PM on Oct. 5, 2011

• SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:02 PM on Oct. 5, 2011

• A few teaspoons of honey with a splash of lemon juice in will sooth her throat.

Also, try to have her gargle with salt water. This might hurt a bit, but it will aid in the healing...

Answer by GoodyBrook at 2:29 PM on Oct. 5, 2011

• I would call the doctor. But can do throat sprays, pop slices, there are these popslices for sore throats in the pharamy dept, hot tea with honey,

Answer by momindiana at 2:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2011

• she said her belly was hurting too

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:46 PM on Oct. 5, 2011

• Doctor ASAP, no school tomorrow - one of the first signs of strep for my 8yo is a stomach ache & vomiting, moving on to fever & sore throat.

• Tea with honey

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 10:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2011