What to give my 6 year old for a sore throat?

She started it last night. She said her throat hurts. She only coughed once this morning. But she is like talking so low and barely has a voice. I kept her home from school today because she had a temp of 101.2 although it is at 100.7 now I haven't given her any tylenol or anything like that, but I have given her this stuff for allergies which says for itchy throat not sure if that is the samething, but that is all I have to give her I can't drive so I can't get to the store to get anything until at least dh gets home. What can I give her? I need her to be able to go to school tomorrow cause it is interm pickups and to meet her new teacher (she got a new teacher because her teacher got moved to a diffrent class). And i am trying to keep her from her sister who is in headstart because tomorrow is picture day lol. Then I am trying to keep her away from the baby that is 2 months old. So she has been upstairs most of the day. She was playing the computer for a while and just went back and layed down

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Oct. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• I give my 6 year old throat spray.. I think adults get 5 sprays.. I give her two.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2011

• If its just a sore throat and a fever she could have strep throat. Give her Tylenol and call the doctor. GL
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 2:03 PM on Oct. 5, 2011

• SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:02 PM on Oct. 5, 2011

• A few teaspoons of honey with a splash of lemon juice in will sooth her throat.

Also, try to have her gargle with salt water. This might hurt a bit, but it will aid in the healing...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 2:29 PM on Oct. 5, 2011

• I would call the doctor. But can do throat sprays, pop slices, there are these popslices for sore throats in the pharamy dept, hot tea with honey,
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2011

• she said her belly was hurting too
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:46 PM on Oct. 5, 2011

• Doctor ASAP, no school tomorrow - one of the first signs of strep for my 8yo is a stomach ache & vomiting, moving on to fever & sore throat.
    Anonymous

• Tea with honey
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 10:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2011