what out of the blue is my cat doing this?

For the last week, she has pee'd on my comforter 3 different times. I don't know why. Her litter box is clean.

Could she have a bladder infection? I heard that this could cause this in cats. What would be her symptoms if so? She eats and drinks fine and is not hurt physically on the outside that I can see.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Pets

• She might be mad for some reason. I use to have a cat that would get mad because I went to work and she would pee all over my room while I was gone.
    BubblesB

Answer by BubblesB at 10:33 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• have you moved recently or had a new pet or sumone new in your home?? That could cause it..
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 10:34 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Nothing has changed in my home. She lives with two other cats though she does not like the male cat at all. He has been with us for over a year and she has never done this before even when I got him.
    Anonymous

• Bladder infections or cystitis usually has them running around and trying to urinate all over the place, just a few drops sometimes, and sometimes you can see blood in the urine. Has something changed that she would protest? Was she startled while using the litterbox so that she'd avoid it? different litter? We had a cat that we had to give meds to every day because she had chronic cystitis. As long as she had the med she used her box.

Answer by Bmat at 10:41 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Try to think of what changed around the time this started. Believe it or not, my arrogant, alpha male dog used to walk around peeing on everything that was left out of place if the house was too messy!
    blowingsteam

Answer by blowingsteam at 10:50 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• You know, now that I think about it, she first peed when my male cat had a cut on his paw and it broke open and puss/bled on the comforter. DAMNNNNNNNNNN I have washed the comforter everytime since then (borax by the way is the greatest detergent/cleaner on earch for urine) including when he was hurt.
    Holy cow, is she upset over it still that he left some type of mark?
    Anonymous

• Weird it makes sense, but how can you stop it? Ask the question, start a new one!
    blowingsteam

Answer by blowingsteam at 11:09 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• either a bladder/kidney thing going on. could be being hateful, mad at your about something. could she be in heat? can she smell where another cat has been?
    TammyG.

Answer by TammyG. at 1:27 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• The 1st thing you need to rule out is a UTI. Catch a fresh sample and take it to you vet, and know your cats current weight. To catch a sample,get a clean litter box,put a small amount of clean ,dry fish tank rocks in it and put them both in the bathroom. After she goes,tip the litter box to catch the urine.If you get a sample and the vet is closed,you can store it in the fridge for 24 hours.You can even add more urine to the sample in the fridge if you don't think you have enough,the more the better so we can run several test.come join my group to learn more,its called The Animal Den

SherriX2

Answer by SherriX2 at 2:48 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• ran out of room. in mu other post.........if she has crystals that have formed from a UTI, and gets blocked for 24 hrs or over,it will kill her. But I have only seen a handful of die from Crystals in a female cat.They are 10 times worst in a male cat,especially one that was neuter before 8 months old. Good Luck! I am sorry if I scared you,I just tell it like it is.
    SherriX2

Answer by SherriX2 at 2:54 AM on Jan. 4, 2009