short labor????

i was only in labor for 4 and 1/2 hours with my first,
i am expecting my 2nd in febuary, is it likely that i will have another short labor(shorter possibly?)

tuesdaygreen

Asked by tuesdaygreen at 10:33 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had short labors with all 3 of mine. So it is possible, but every pregnancy is different. Good luck!!
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 10:35 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• my sister told me it gets worse wit each baby she has 3..
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 10:36 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• It got much better with me with my second one (because I was more relaxed in my own home. Also it was shorter and less difficult. My first was 16 hours, my second was 4-5 hours.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 10:38 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• My first was like 6 1/2 hours
    Second only like 4 1/2 hrs. But boy was the pains so much worse with the second.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 11:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Could be, and I hate you for it. :)

My sister-in-law had about six hours with her first, three hours with her second, and less than an hour with her third. I hate her, too. :)

That being said, while it typically gets easier with each labor (my sister just hgad her fourth baby and said it was a piece of cake--yup, hate her as well!), I would still be prepared for a long, tough one...it'll just make whatever happens seem that much easier! Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Depends... Mine were both about 8 hours. But I had to push less with my second. Though I know people that is was short and people that had longer labors.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 11:04 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• technically they say it does get shorter with each pregnancy..my first was 12 1/2 and my 2nd was 3hrs 14 min..i pray to god this one isnt shorter
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:34 PM on Jan. 3, 2009