My 19-month old just lays down on the floor lately with his down...should I be worried?

The last two weeks my 19-month old son has started to just lay down, belly down, on the floor. He'll be playing, walking around, etc. and will just lay down with his head on floor. He isn't upset, angry or anything, he just calmly lays down all of a sudden. It sounds harmless, I know, but it's such odd behavior for him. Has anyone else noticed anything like this with a toddler? I don't want to over-react, but it's just SO odd for my active little one.

Thanks...

SID7

Asked by SID7 at 10:40 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• does he do it when he's tired? my daughter will just lay down where ever she is if she's tired.
    Anonymous

• maybe he dont feel very good
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 10:44 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• My little guy will do that and hes 2. But with him he will be playing and then just lay down like you said. I always thought he was just a little tired cause after a little bit hes up playing again.
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 10:48 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• To me there is no such thing as over reacting. If he doesn't act like this normally and it just started I would take him to the doctor.
    takodasmom1117

Answer by takodasmom1117 at 12:49 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I have 19 siblings and all of them did that. every single one of them. Not sure if I did. But they would just randomly lay down they could be playing or just running around the house. But they are all fine.
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 1:09 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• My 15 month old does that - it is a game for him. He thinks its cute. I wouldn't worry unless you notice some other problems.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 2:57 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Shaylee is 20 months and started doing that about 2 months ago. She's my child who NEVER sleeps unless she's in her bed or car seat. She'll grab her blanket or a pillow and just lay on the floor for a couple minutes then get back up. She seems to like it. It's like a couple minutes for her to relax and get more energy to go "wild" again. lol
    DyperDuty

Answer by DyperDuty at 8:52 PM on Jan. 4, 2009