could it be twins?

I'm 27 weeks and have been measuring small my whole pregnancy until recently. Now I have suddenly shot up in all measurements and the docs ordered another U/S. Is it possible that out of the 3 ultrasounds I have had already that they all missed a twin?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they would have figured out twins much sooner. like at any heart beat listening or at your 18-20 week ultrasound. They definitely could not have missed a twin 3 times.

my guess, it's extra amniotic fluid. what's your blood pressures been like? could be toxemia
    Anonymous

• maybe.. i wanted twins so bad when i was preggers..
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 10:43 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• OP here, I didn't think it could really be twins but the way the doctor was acting........

My bp is normal and no preeclampsia (sp?) I just started measuring large all of a sudden.

What can too much amniotic fluid mean? Thanks!
    Anonymous

• nooo i highly highly doubt your pregnant with twins. they would have seen it in previously ultra sounds and heard it during while checking the babies heart beat
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:49 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• btw i know someone that just had twins and when she was like 3 months pregnant she literally looked 6 months pregnant so i'm sure you would have been able to tell
    krazyash023

• OP again, the idea of twins is cute but I don't think I could really handle twins at all! In fact, it's kind of terrifying! I had a hard enough time with 1 last time! Thank you for the replies!
    Anonymous