Drinking a lot of water, yet I feel dehydrated and my mouth is dry, what does this mean?

I read somewhere that it is a warning sign or something when this happens? I mean I drink water all the time and I know I am not dehydrated, yet all day today my throat has been completely dry and I feel like I haven't drunk any water at all. My mom said it could be a sign of gestational diabetes, but my doctor hasn't said anything about that. I can't get ahold of him either and the hospital of course won't answer my question they just say to ask my doctor. Does anyone have any ideas? I am 7 months pregnant, 30 weeks.

proudnewmommy88

Asked by proudnewmommy88 at 10:49 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• are your sinus draining or anything that is what could make your mouth dry just got over that, have you had any trouble with your iron. thati is all i can think of never had that issue. good luck
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 10:54 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I was like that with my third pregnancy, the whole time. I would drink like ten 20oz bottles of water daily, it was crazy nuts. No other problems though, except alot of water weight.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 10:55 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• could def. be a sign of GD or you could be coming down with a cold. But GD can cause excessive thirst, hunger, sudden weight loss, fatigue, head aches, high BP and a few other things. Different symptom for different people.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 11:02 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• i had that in the beginning of the pregnancy..i was constantly drinking water and chewing ice..my dr wasnt concerned..by some life savers. it helpped me and they're sugar free!..but if youre really concerned, keep trying your dr! no question is too dumb when its pregnancy related!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:14 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• now reading the other posts, i do have low iron this pregnancy. and this is the only pregnancy this has happened to me.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:15 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Well I know it's not GD or else the Doc would have said something. But I"m beginning to think a lot is due to where we live. I already have bad nasal congestion from the pregnancy and where we live doesn't help, there are 3 dogs, so pet dander is a problem. Because right now at my parents house, I am not having anywhere near as many problems as there. So I don't know, it may just be where I"m living.
    proudnewmommy88

Answer by proudnewmommy88 at 11:39 PM on Jan. 10, 2009