Has anyone been on the Depo shot?

well I was just wondering because I was on the shot for three to four years and I gained weight like crazy I am talking about 110 to 130lbs maybe its me I do not know. I was wondering will I lose some now that i am off the shot. this not the only problem i have had it has been two months since I have been off it and I still did not get my cycle. I also took a test that came up negative. Has This happen to any of you and if so what did you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Health

• my friend is going through the same thing they said since she had been on it so long that it might take a few months to get back right. and she gained like 45 lbs they said for her to loose the weight it was up to her. good luck my husbands brothers x wife gained like 150 lbs she is big but they said she ate to much to be on the shot. lol
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Wow I was the exact opposite. I lost weight and then gained it all back afterwards. However it did take me like 5mths to get reg agian.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 10:59 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• yes. And it actually took MONTHS (like over 6) to get my period again. And it totally screwed me up, after being on depo I can't even handle the lowest dosage bc pills they send my body haywire.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 11:14 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I was on depo for 3 years and did not have a period for 3 years but I started to gain a lot  of   weight like 30 pounds altogether so I tried a few different birth controls and know I have been on the pill for a month I got my period on New Years and am still on it  but it is light. So maybe if decide to take birth control pills you will get it back.

andrea86160

Answer by andrea86160 at 11:34 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I HATED the depo. I bleed all the freaking time. All the time. And my hair began to fall out in clumps. I was never so glad to stop it & just resort back to the pills!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I only used depo once but I gained 25 lbs in 3 months, then it took almost a year for me to even cycle again. I have friends who have gotten preg on it too so I think it depends on you. I really had to work to lose the wieght.
    twinbliss267

Answer by twinbliss267 at 1:17 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• i also was on the Depo shot for 4years an i did not have a period for almost a year, the dr. said it was normal cause the body hd to get into a new routine.. But i would not recomed this shot is has done horrible damage to my body I now have thining Bones, an have had cysts in my ovaries ever sense no i gotta take meds. just for that....
    lilbritches501

Answer by lilbritches501 at 1:28 AM on Jan. 4, 2009