8 month old still not crawling..

My 8 month old son refuses to crawl... ive tried to put him into the positon and he jus lays back down.. he plays on his tummy all day and Ive bought him a bunch of crawl active toys but he jus rolls around to get them instead of crawling.. Is it normal??

MiSs.SmOkEy

Asked by MiSs.SmOkEy at 10:56 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Completely normal. When he is ready he will do it. Some kids don't crawl at all, they just start walking. Just be patient. I know it is hard not to worry.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 11:00 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Yep its normal. Like the PP some kids skip it so don't worry. From what I have seen crawling isn't even really a milestone because of that reason.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 11:07 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Its normal. My daughter never crawled. She just got up one day and started taking steps...lol it was pretty amazing!
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• my son just started at 10 months... i thought he was never gonna crawl i thought he was gonna walk first and one day he just got the hang of it and now he's alll over the place... 2 weeks after he started crawlin he was walkin so get ready momma! thers not much else you can do, just let him do it on his own terms i guess... we tried everything too!
    stacey13083

Answer by stacey13083 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• My daughter didn't crawl til 8 months or walk until 13 months.It's normal, every baby is different.
    AriMicSun

Answer by AriMicSun at 11:26 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• No worries, Mama, he just doesn't want to go anywhere yet! All of the sudden, he's gonna scoot across the floor and get into EVERYTHING! Relax and put your feet up while you still can! :D (It sounds like you're doing everything you should be, by the way.)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:56 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Sometimes a baby is born premature and his progress is going to be according to his developmental age, not according to how many days he's been out of the womb. (Just an observation - it may not be at all applicable in your case). ... And all the above ladies' advices are great.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 12:09 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• My baby is 8 months as well and she hasen't rolled over since she could sit on her own. My husband is stressing because our other 2 crawled by 6 months. I don't care. She happy, healthy and perfectly conent to just sit there. Although today I saw her bouncing onher bum and wonder if she's going to be a bum bouncer? Who know's...Besides it's more work when they start moving, you can't just sit them somewhere when you need to do something!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:35 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Yep. Normal. Crawling isn't a milestone. Some babies NEVER crawl...they go straight to walking.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:47 AM on Jan. 4, 2009