should i take my 3 year old to a specialist. Or should i just not worry about it.

My 3 year old little girl has always had a problem with puking even as an infant she has acid reflux. now she just pukes alot. maybe at least once a week. She usually gets sick the most when she gets upset like when she gets in trouble. She might barely choke on a piece of food and she pukes. She puked the other day just cause she ate a little more then normal. She is already a skinny girl and i just want her to be healthy are family doctor just says that i need to write down what she eats cause it could be a food allergy but i dont think that. Does anyone think that i should take her to see a specialist or should i just not worry about it.

busygal26

Asked by busygal26 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Health

• I would take her to the specialist.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 11:00 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• honestly it sounds like her acid reflux may have done damage to the part of her throat that keeps the food down. (it is a little flap). I would get a second opinion if you can, or yes take her to a specialist. my son had reflux when he was an infant and we had to incline his bed about 30 to 40 degrees so that he did not injure his throat with all the acid, and so that he would be more comfortable.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 11:01 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• now i know i had a problem with the acid reflux and you get that real burning in your throat that would make me puke and it what be like nothing but acid it would burn if it is not like that then i would get a different dr to check her out. i would let it go something has to be wrong i mean if it keeps up it can mess her teeth up with all the acid when i had it i had to go get ny teeth check
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 11:02 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• trust your instincts. you are with your child everyday, her doctor is not. If you have doubts than you do what you have to to be sure.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 11:08 PM on Jan. 3, 2009