i had a tubal ligation 3 yrs ago

and now i am late for my menses took a test very faint positive could i really be pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes. my neighbor growing up had 4 kids after she got her tubes tied. she is/was very fertal but it does happen.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 11:02 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Yep, I know several people that have had children after a tubal. Sometimes it just doesn't take.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 11:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Yes. Failures are rare, but they happen. Take another test and if it comes up positive get to your doctor. The rate of ectopic pregnancy after tubal is very high, and it's not something you want to mess with.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:04 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• congrats
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 11:05 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Oh wow!!! That is so amazing! Yes, of course you can really be pregnant! A tubal ligation is not 100% afterall. Let me just say that I am completely and totally jealous of you! I had mine tied 2 1/2 years ago and have regretted it everyday since!
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 11:57 PM on Jan. 3, 2009