Easy meal ideas for a 14 month old?

if i give my 14 month old a cut up hot dog and some ketchup shes in heaven but i cant just keep feeding her hot dogs!! any ideas? she doesnt usually eat at the same time as me because shes usually in bed when i eat so giving her whatever i cook for dinner isnt really an option unless its leftovers the next day...oh and for some reason shes not into chicken but doesnt seem picky otherwise...thanks in advance!!

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 4:47 PM on Oct. 5, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How about egg noodles and meatballs mixed together.
    SLC3015

Answer by SLC3015 at 4:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2011

• scrambled eggs, toast, peanut butter and jelly cut up into shapes, cheese cubes, crackers, green beans, fruit.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 4:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2011

• My son always has loved ToFu...and you prepare it like grilled chicken very easily (extra-firm). I would stick a slice in a pan with soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, salad dressing...whatever. Also in sauce to add protein. My son would eat it in cubes (still does) as a favorite meal with rice. I would HIGHLY recommend giving her as little white starch as possible (brown rice instead of white, etc ...) so she developed a taste for healthier foods. My son has almost never had white bread in his life, and I never have trouble giving him hearty whole grain breads and all that...because he's not used to those sugar carbs. Doing that young was one of the best choices I made...just getting ALL white carbs out of the house before he was addicted to them (like my DH and most of the USA)
    I also HIGHLY recommend the book "Super Baby Food"
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 4:59 PM on Oct. 5, 2011

• My little guy got into that hotdog fixation for a while... If I may make a suggestion. Begin a family dinner routine now. Aiden who is 15 months now loves eggs and toast for breakfast, turkey and cheese sanwich cut into quarters with grapes for lunch and he eats with the family with dinner unless it is tough meat such as steaks. He loves chicken, porkchops, meatloaf and every kind of fruit and veggie.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 5:04 PM on Oct. 5, 2011

• keep trying other meats, like lunch meat, or chicken nuggets or ham my son wouldn't eat any meat for the longest time, but just keep trying it will get easier.
    good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 5:10 PM on Oct. 5, 2011

• Baked yams. I usually cut them up, add a little water and a bit of butter, cover and put them in the oven on 375 for 30-45 minute or until soft. I serve them like I would cut up potatoes.

Steam veggies are also a hit in our house, carrots, broccoli, spinach and be sure to put fresh cheese on top melted they love it. You can also do cut up cucumbers with lemon and salt. Fresh cut up tomatoes. We also do shredded chicken. Mashed Potatoes. Grilled cheese. Sweet potato fries. Meatloaf and you can put a bit of ketchup on it for flavor. Scrambled eggs. Cinnamon toast. Mac and cheese, Ravioli, spaghetti, gogurt, yogurt, rice krispy treats. Homemade Pumpkin breads, or any breads homemade really.

Answer by gemgem at 5:13 PM on Oct. 5, 2011

• A bean and cheese quesadilla cut into finger sized pieces, mini meatloaf muffins. basically anything you eat but smaller.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 5:15 PM on Oct. 5, 2011

• finger foods from chicken nugets to fish stix green beans cubed cheese fruit like mandarine oranges they are a favorite for alot of kids strawberrys bananas anything healthy that they can feed them selves i know at that age they want to feed them selves but are not too good with a spoon or fork yet!!! lol good luck mom wish u the best!!!
    candicenicole91

Answer by candicenicole91 at 5:23 PM on Oct. 5, 2011

• hot dogs but not to much of it in a week, grilled chesse, cereal and milk, pancakes in cut in shapes, french toast, whatever fruits and vegs that they will let her eat it, eggs. Right now thats all i can think of if i think of anymore ill repost it
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 6:01 AM on Oct. 6, 2011

• maybe add hot dogs to other things, such as mac & cheese with chopped dogs or pork & beans with chopped dogs. My son is super picky, he loves mac & cheese, grilled cheese, all fruit, chicken nuggets. Hes more of a snacker so i try to make healthy snacks for him. Im the cook at my sons preschool, some things we have there is ham sandwich, turkey sandwich, tuna sandwich, mac & cheese, chicken nuggets, chicken fried steak, chicken & rice, hot dogs, corn dogs, lasagna, spaghetti...just to name a few. Also with every lunch is either a veggie or a fruit
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 10:22 AM on Oct. 9, 2011