getting ready

when did you pack your bags for the hospital? i dont wanna do it too early but i dont want to be rushing either. what should go in my bag? and what should go in the babys? what does the typical hospital provide?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I packed mine the week of my due date.. i jus bought extra tooth brushes and travel size tooth paste and deoderent shampoo and conditioner
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 11:22 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I had both my kids at different hospitals. Pretty much they give you only the basics. One had everything for the baby, formula, diapers, blankets, clothes etc and the other just formula and diapers. As for mom, take any of the things you use on a daily basis, lotion, tooth brush and toothpaste etc. it might be worth calling ahead and asking a nurse where you are delivering. Good Luck
    nvedwards

Answer by nvedwards at 11:22 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I say any time after about 32 weeks, I had all three of mine early, so it never hurts to be prepared. As far as what to put in the bag,
    Pajamas
    Robe
    Hair and tooth brush
    Comfortable panties
    Socks (cold floors)
    House shoes
    Makeup (makes you feel more human again!)
    Clothes to leave the hospital again (sweats or something comfortable)
    Pads
    Camera, and extra batteries
    List of people to call w/numbers, that way you can pass the list and you won't have to worry about making all the calls yourself.
    Nursing bras and pads

Babies bag....
    Don't need much,
    Clothes, couple pairs, some small, some a little bigger.
    Diapers (newborn sized)
    Wipes (the ones the hospital had sucked)
    Recieving blankets
    burp clothes

And anything else you think you might want to have with you. Good luck and Congrats.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 11:28 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Everyone else has it covered....but one thing maybe is cheap flip flops for the shower/bath area. I find it gross to go into there barefoot and the floors are cold.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 11:32 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I packed my bags during my eighth month. It is never to early. The baby bag should consist of the baby clothing, such as t shirt and sleeper or outfit, as well as a pacifier and blankets. For you, there should be a slippers, gown, an outfit to wear home, under garments, lotion, toothpaste, toothbrush, your brush/comb, and I believe that may be it. The hospital usually furnishes a few pampers, maybe a blanket, hat for the baby, and sometimes formula in the bottles. Some hospitals furnish car seats for the babies.
    Desiring3

Answer by Desiring3 at 11:44 PM on Jan. 3, 2009