• In the Spotlight:

What is the average length of time for most women to concive in their mid-twentiies?

My husband and I have been trying to concive for four months now. I know that it really doesnt sound like a long time but for us it feels like an eternity. I was wondering what was average time length for women in their twenties to concive?

sally1895

Asked by sally1895 at 11:21 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It takes most women in between 9 months and a year to conceive. Took me 9 months and Im a healthy 21 year old. Just keep trying dont make it a chore keep it fun and time will fly by and then you will have a baby and wont be sleeping and you wont be grossed out by as many things anymore.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 11:24 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• We weren't really trying, but we weren't not trying.. But it took 2 years
    Anonymous

• I have heard that on average, it takes most couples anywhere from 6-9 months to get pregnant. That is why most docs won't test or do anything to help till you have tried for a year.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 11:38 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• 50% in 4 months
    75% in 8 month
    99% in 1 year

That's what I'm told and what I have read. good luck. I am on month # 7.
    xox

Answer by xox at 11:48 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• took us 10 months and i was 27, he was 30
    hopefulsynclare

Answer by hopefulsynclare at 1:04 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• so far it has been 3 yrs 9mos and 4 days for me and dh, and i am about to turn 21. I think it depends on your body.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 2:11 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• my boyfriend and I weren't trying per say, but we werent not trying and after a year nothing. I went on birth control to regulate my period and was on it for 6 months and then went off it and was pregnant within the first month. I'm 21, he's 25. Everyone is differnet (I know not the answer you wanted) Good Luck to you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Everyone is completely different, you can use the stats as a guideline, but they are just there for for info...I am 22 and hubby is 23 and I had my IUD removed the end of sept, and I am now almost 6 months...so about 2-3 months here...and that was without ever regaining my period! Dont get too down about it...the "trying" part of trying is always fun :o) Dont stress, and good luck!
    .:.:.:BABY DUST:.:.:.
    Mommy4Life86

Answer by Mommy4Life86 at 3:00 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I was 23 when I conceived my daughter it took us 6 months. Now I am 27 and I am going on 4 months of trying
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 3:53 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• We've been trying since October. I'm 29 and dh is 32. It feels like forever and seeing all those negative tests every month is a big downer. We were really hoping on being preg by Christmas. I guess its really not that easy. We never expected it to be difficult....but it is. We're just going to keep trying and if 6 months go by and still nothing, I will be talking to my doctor and checking out that everything is okay. I am most likely being paranoid...........the wanting, and wondering and waiting drives you absolutely nuts, and its easy for the pregnant ladies to say have fun and don't stress, however when your starting your family at 29, and would love more than one child, its alot easier said than done to get over that disappointment.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 10:38 PM on Jan. 4, 2009